Daniel Arias Aranda (Madrid, 1972) is a Spanish economist, Professor of Management at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Granada.
He got his Bachelor degree of Business Administration and Economics at the University Carlos III of Madrid, and his PhD in Economics and Business Studies at the Complutense University of Madrid. He has been Associate Professor at the Complutense University of Madrid from 1997 to 1999. Since 1999 has been Associate Professor, Professor (2003) and obtained his Professor of Management tenure at the Faculty of Economics and Business of Granada in 2011.
- His research has focused on Operations Management, Innovation Management, Business Management Services, Relationship between the implementation of Systems Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Advanced Management and Supply Chain Simulation. He has also published research in the field of R & D in Functional Food and business development in Technological Parks during his time as Director of the Center for Planning and Business Development Technology Park of Health Sciences in Granada until 2011.
- From his different public responsibilities, he has been Secretary of the Department of Management of the University of Granada (2004-2006), Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at the university (2006-2008), Director of the Center for Planning and Business development Technology Park Health Sciences (2008-2011) and Coordinator of the Double Master in Economics and International Management (University of Granada-SRH Hochschule Berlin) (2011-2015).
- He has been principal investigator and participated in numerous competitive research projects at national and international level related to the implementation of advanced management ERP for supply chain. Currently she teaches at the School of Civil Engineering Channels and Ports, at the Faculty of Sciences of Labor and Human Resources and the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Granada as well as other international institutions.
- He has been visiting professor at various universities lecturing at national and international level, including Tulane University (Louisiana, USA), Bucknell University (Pennsylvania, USA), University of Economics at Bratislava (Slovakia), University technology of El Salvador (El Salvador), University of the Caribbean (Quintana Roo, Mexico), ESIC (Spain) or SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany).
- In 2011 he won the Award for Teaching Excellence at the University of Granada and in 2005 and 2006 two consecutive mentions of honor in teaching innovation projects related to Business Simulation.
- - Member of the commission of internal assessment Grade Marketing and Market Research, University of Granada
- - Member of the Commission on Quality Assurance Double Master in Economics and International Management (University of Granada / SRH Hochschule Berlin)
- - Member of the International Advisory Board and Quality Accreditation of the Master in International Management at SRH Hochschule Berlin
- - Evaluator of the National Evaluation Agency (ANEP) since 2007
- - Horizon 2020 project evaluator European Commission
- - Section President of Operations and Technology Science Business Administration and Economics Association (ACEDE)
- - Associate Editor of the scientific journal Business Review Quarterly
- - Reviewer of different scientific journals in Management of Production and Management.
- - Board member of the University of Granada (2008-2012)
- - International advisory board SRH Hochschule Berlin